November’s Most Anticipated LGBTQIA+ Literature
Author: Samihah Sirajul-Islam
November 1, 2021
Hello readers and hello November!
Welcome back to another exciting list of upcoming LGBTQIA+ literature this fall. The air is only becoming crisper as we start to settle into the first cold spells of the year’s end. The days are getting shorter, and the nights, longer—perfect for cozy evenings spent curled up with a book and a warm drink at hand.
Along with the chilly weather, this season brings a list of queer books just as fresh as an invigorating November breeze.
Also, exciting news! We are now including a brand-new Comics/Graphic Novels section in this list. So without further ado, here is November’s LGBTQIA+ Most Anticipated Literature.
Check out some of our featured picks for this month, including…
- This book of poetry which honors the deep healing, love, and fight for liberation in both trans history and contemporary community.
- This comic about a new Superman who finds his bisexual identity.
- This young adult novel about a straight-A student who is searching for deeper meaning in her life and decides to stop trying so hard.
- This heartwarming picture book about a transgender boy getting ready for his first day of school.
- This expansive poetry collection covering both deeply personal subjects such as love and grief, as well as topics like climate change and space.
- This young adult indigenous-futurist novel about two children attempting to meet in a world touched by catastrophe.
- This historical fantasy romance novel about two men unraveling a magical mystery together in Edwardian England.
As always, if our list is missing an author or a book, or if you have a book coming out next month, please email us with the month of your publication date in the subject line.
- My Name’s Yours, What’s Alaska?: A Memoir by Alaska Thunderfuck 5000, Chronicle Books
- Patricia Highsmith: Her Diaries and Notebooks: 1941-1995 by Patricia Highsmith, Liveright Publishing Corporation
- Nazimova: A Biography by Gavin Lambert
- This is My Real Name: A Stripper’s Memoir by Cid V. Brunet, Arsenal Pulp Press
- Arthur’s Whims by Hervé Guibert, Spurl Editions
- Blue-Skinned Gods by SJ Sindu, Soho Press
- Brickmakers by Selva Almada, Graywolf Press
- In Case of Emergency by Mahsa Mohebali, Feminist Press
- The Last One: A Novel by Fatima Daas, Other Press
- Love in the Big City by Sang Young Park, Grove Press
- Pilot Imposter by James Hannaham, Soft Skull Press
- Slug and Other Stories by Megan Milks, Feminist Press
- What We Pick Up by Stacy Brewster, Buckman Publishing
- Where the Vile Things Are: A Study in Sex, Revenge, Deceit, and Affluenza by Marcus James, Candiano Boooks
- Brand with Purpose: Find Your Passion, Stay True to Your Story, and Accelerate Your Career by Ivan Estrada, Page Two Books
- Destination Pride: A Little Book for the Best LGBTQ Vacations by Andrew Collins, Hardie Grant Books
- Eating Lightbulbs and Other Essays by Steve Fellner, Mad Creek Books
- The Hidden Case of Ewan Forbes: And the Unwritten History of the Trans Experience by Zoë Playdon, Scribner Book Company
- Hidden Mercy: AIDS, Catholics, and the Untold Stories of Compassion in the Face of Fear by Michael J. O’Loughlin, Broadleaf Books
- Crip Kinship: The Disability Justice & Art Activism of Sins Invalid by Shadya Kafai
- Queerly Centered: Lgbtqa Writing Center Directors Navigate the Workplace by Travis Webster, Utah State University Press
- A Queer Dharma: Yoga and Meditations for Liberation by Jacoby Ballard, North Atlantic Books
- With Honor and Integrity: Transgender Troops in Their Own Words by Máel Embser-Herbert and Bree Fram, New York University Press
- The Awkward Truth by Lee Winter, Ylva Publishing
- Beulah Lodge by Cathy Dunnell, Bold Strokes Books
- Carmilla’s Ghost by Robin Schadel, Cursing Raven Books
- A Convenient Arrangement by Aurora Rey and Jaime Clevenger, Bold Strokes Books
- The Disappearance of Lindy James by Catherine Maiorisi, Bella Books
- The Edge of Yesterday by Cj Birch, Bold Strokes Books
- Fool for Love by Rachael Sommers, Ylva Publishing
- Gia’s Gems by Toni Logan, Bold Strokes Books
- Go Around by E.J. Noyes, Bella Books
- Holiday Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses by M. Ulrich, Bold Strokes Books
- The Life Revamp: An LGBTQ Romcom by Kris Ripper, Carina Adores
- Love, Accidentally by Jaime Clevenger and Aurora Rey, Bella Books
- Love by Proxy by Dena Blake, Bold Strokes Books
- Marry Me by Melissa Brayden, Bold Strokes Books
- The Number 94 Project by Cheyenne Blue, Ylva Publishing
- The Scout and the Scoundrel by Barbara Ann Wright, Bold Strokes Books
- Sweet Surprise by Jenny Frame, Bold Strokes Books
- The After Party by A.C. Arthur, Montlake
- A Death in Bloomsbury by David C. Dawson, Park Creek Publishing
- Prideful Vengeance by TK Ambers, Black Rose Writing
- The Bone Shard Emperor by Andrea Stewart, Orbit
- The God of Lost Words by A.J. Hackwith, Ace Books
- A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske, Tordotcom
- Red Dot by Mike Karpa, Mumblers Press LLC
Young Adult Literature
- All of Us Villains by Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman, Tor Teen
- The Ballad of Dinah Caldwell by Kate Brauning, Page Street Kids
- Briar Girls by Rebecca Kim Wells, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Fat Angie: Homecoming by E.E. Charlton-Trujillo
- Girls of Fate and Fury by Natasha Ngan, Jimmy Patterson
- The Grimrose Girls by Laura Pohl, Sourcebooks Fire
- Going Viral: A Socially Distant Love Story by Katie Cicatelli-Kuc, Scholastic Inc.
- No Good About Goodbye by CT Liotta, Rot Gut Pulp
- The Reckless Kind by Carly Heath, Soho Teen
- A Snake Falls to Earth by Darcie Little Badger, Levine Querido
- The Year I Stopped Trying by Katie Heaney, Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
Children’s/Middle Grade Literature
- The Art of Running Away by Sabrina Kleckner, Jolly Fish Press
- Calvin by Jr Ford and Vanessa Ford, G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Reader
- Candidly Cline by Kathryn Ormsbee, HarperCollins
- Faith: Greater Heights by Julie Murphy, Balzer + Bray
- The Pronoun Book: She, He, They, and Me! by Cassandra Jules Corrigan, Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- The Spectacular Suit by Kat Patrick, Scribble Us
- Téo’s Tutu by Maryann Jacob Macias, Dial Books
- Fire is Not a Country: Poems by Cynthia Dewi Oka, Triquarterly Books
- Hieroglyphs of the Inverted World by Rob Halpern, Kenning Editions
- You Better Be Lightning by Andrea Gibson, Button Poetry
- There Are Trans People Here by H. Melt, Haymarket Books
- Book of the Other: small in comparison by Truong Tran, Kaya Press
- The Croaking Volume One by Megan Grey, Rocketship Entertainment
- Graveneye by Sloane Leong and Anna Bowles, TKO Studios
- Queer as All Get Out: 10 People Who’ve Inspired Me by Shelby Criswell, Street Noise Books
- The Short While by Jeremy Sorese, Archaia
- Superman Son of Kal-El #5 by Tom Taylor and John Timms, DC Comics
- Tidesong by Wendy Xu, Quill Tree Books
Looking for something to read while waiting for a book’s release day? No problem, we got you covered!