Non-stalgia, a Fiction Anthology, is Seeking Submissions
Author: Edit Team
March 8, 2021
What is Non-stalgia? It’s the wistful imagining of what could have been. The affection for someone you nearly met. The bittersweet pang of an event half-remembered.
Send us your most non-stalgic stories, works about real life—with fictional garnish. Give us the adventure you could have had, or the love story you should have pursued. Or tell us about your high school reunion, but add an extra-dimensional imp only you can see. Whatever inspires you, grow a great story from a personal experience or observation.
This is not nonfiction. It’s non-stalgia.
* Submit your entry online by July 1, 2021.
* Stories should be 3,000 words or fewer—but we’ll consider exceptions if the story really needs it. Shorter stories will have a greater chance of acceptance. Submissions are limited to one per person, so pick your favorite.
* Along with your story, please include a paragraph or two about how this story was inspired by real life. This will accompany your story in the anthology.
* Published stories will receive a payment of at least $30. If the Kickstarter project used to support the book is successfully funded, a percentage of its net profits will be split evenly between contributors, with $30 being the minimum received per author. Each author will receive a paperback contributor copy.
* There is no submission fee.
* All stories must be unpublished. We do allow simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you notify us promptly of acceptance for publication elsewhere.
* For accepted stories, we buy first English-language rights, and ask for a six month exclusive publication period from the publication date. After this period, you can reprint it elsewhere.
* Content guidelines: Any genre is welcome, so long as it connects to the theme of the anthology. Make us laugh, make us cry, make us wonder. Please don’t send stories that include graphic abuse or violence or hate speech.
*Formatting: Please submit your story in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
If you have any questions or to submit your work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.