New in April: Eileen Myles,Daniel Allen Cox, Sarah Van Arsdale, and Felice Picano
Author: Edit Team
April 4, 2012
New month! New books! This April you can pick up new releases from Eileen Myles, Sarah Van Arsdale, and Felice Picano.
- Acclaimed poet, critic, and Lambda Award winning author Eileen Myles releases her first book of poetry since 2007–Snowflake/different streets (Wave Books). The publisher’s blurb states:
[Myles]creates poet and poem anew as she pushes the boundaries of her craft ever closer to the enigmatic core. Snowflake finds the poet awash in an extended and distressed landscape mediated by technology and its distortion of time and space. In different streets, the poet returns home, to the familiar world of human connection. Two books meet as one: more Eileen Myles, more indelible connection, more fleeting ecstasy….
- Cheyenne Press is releasing a new novel from Lambda Award winning novelist Erik Orrantia. The book is described as a vivid fictional examination of ” Tijuana — the melting pot of Mexico, the gateway to the U.S[….]Two million souls struggle for survival, each searching for a way to become … something, anything better. “
- Vincent Emery Productions is releasing a collection of interviews with iconic activist Harvey Milk.
The Harvey Milk Interviews provides 39 interviews spanning Milk’s political career from his first days as an unskilled candidate in 1973 to shortly before his assassination in 1978. They are linked by biographical passages and arranged chronologically so we see Milk’s thoughts changing over time, both his political ideas and his concept of himself.
- Also this month expect new releases from novelist Owen Keehnen, Daniel Allen Cox, and a new memoir from Chana Wilson.
As always, if we missed an author or book, or if you have a book coming out next month, please email us.
- Ali and Ramazan by Perihan Magden, Amazon Crossing
- Basement of Wolves by Daniel Allen Cox, Arsenal Pulp Press
- Grand Isle by Sarah Van Arsdale, Suny Press Excelsior Editions
- The Sand Bar by Owen Keehnen, Lethe Press
- Taxi Rojo by Erik Orrantia, Cheyenne Press
- Twelve O’Clock Tales by Felice Picano, Bold Strokes Books
- After the History of Sexuality edited by Scott Spector , Helmut Puff , and Dagmar Herzog, Berghahn Books
- Breaking Out II by Kelvin Anderson, Insomniac Press
- Gay and Lesbian Cops: Diversity and Effective Policing by Roddrick A. Colvin, Lynne Rienner Publishing
- Gay Conversations with God: Straight Talk on Fanatics, Fags and the God Who Loves Us All by James Alexander Langteaux, Findhorn Press
- Gay Rights at the Ballot Box by Amy L. Stone Univserity of Minnesota Press
- The Harvey Milk Interviews edited by Vince Emery, Vince Emery Productions
- Key West on the Edge: Inventing the Conch Republic by Bob Kerstein, University of Florida Press
- A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples by Denis Clifford, Frederick Hertz, and Emily Doskow, NOLO
- Masked Voices: Gay Men and Lesbians in Cold War America by Craig M. Loftin, State University of New York Press
- Mind Blowing Sex: A Woman’s Guide by Diana Cage, Seal Press
- The Queer Uncanny: New Perspectives on the Gothic by Paulina Palmer, University of Wales Press
- Rainbow Family Collections: Selecting and Using Children’s Books with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Content by Nicholas Teich, Columbia University Press
- Sex/Gender: Biology in a Social World by Anne Fausto-Sterling, Routledge
- Whitman’s Queer Children: America’s Homosexual Epics by Catherine A. Davies,Continuum
- Why Homosexuals Deserve Equality Rights: An Empowerment Guide by B.L Fowler, Positive Light For Positive Living
- Dos Equis by Anthony Bidulka, Insomniac Press
- The Seer: Connected by Linda Andersson and Sara Marx, Bella
- Tapas on the Ramblas by Anthony Bidulka, Insomniac Press
- Words to Die by William Holden, Bold Strokes Books
- Coming Out Together: An Ethnohistory of the Asian and Pacific Islander Queer Women’s and Transgendered Peoples’s Movement of San Francisco, 1898-2001 by Trinity Ordona, Routledge
- Flaming Souls: Homosexuality, Homophobia, and Social Change in Barbados by David A.B. Murray, University of Toronto Press
- Friendship As a Way of Life: Foucault, AIDS, and the Politics of Shared Estrangement by Tom Roach, State University of New York Press
- Opacity and the Closet: Queer Tactics in Foucault, Barthes, and Warhol by Nicholas de Villiers, University of Minnesota Press
- Queer Environmentality: Ecology, Evolution, and Sexuality in American Literature by Robert Azzarello, Ashgate Publishing
- Bitter Harvest by Kim Knox, Carina Press
- Brook Street: Fortune Hunter by Ava March, Carina Press
- Everything Pales in Comparison by Rebecca Swartz, Bella Books
- The Fling by Rebekah Weatherspoon, Bold Strokes Books
- Handle with Care by Josephine Myles, Samhain Publishing Ltd
- Spice and Smoke by Suleikha Snyder , Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
- Cruising: Gay Erotic Stories by Shane Allison, Cleis Press
- Buccaneer Island by J.P. Beausejour, Bold Stokes Books
- The Dirty Boys’ Club: The Soap Opera Murders by Simon Sheppard, Lethe Pess
- Say Please: Lesbian BDSM Erotica edited by Sinclair Sexsmith, Cleis Press
- Bomber’s Moon: Under the Hill, Part 1 Alex Beecroft, Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
- Point of Hopes: A Novel of Astreiant by Melissa Scott and Lisa A. Barnett, Lethe Press
- David Hockney: The Biography by Christopher Simon Sykes, Nan A. Talese
- Into the Garden with Charles: a Memoir by Clyde Phillip Wachsberger, Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes a Family by Zach Wahls and Bruce Littlefield, Gotham
- Riding Fury Home: A Memoir by Chana Wilson, Seal Press
- Divining Divas: 100 Gay Poets on the Women Who Inspire Them edited by Michael Montlack, Lethe Press
- Paradise, Indiana by Bruce Snider, LSU Press
- Snowflake / different streets by Eileen Myles, Wave Press
- Slow Lightning by Eduardo Corral, Yale University Press
- Stones, Eyes by Elana Bell, LSU Press
- Good Sports by Dale Lazaro , Bruno Gmunder Verlag Gmbh
- Beach Boys by Max-Arthur Mantle, Bruno Gmunder Verlag Gmbh